How to choose your anti-seize grease
Anti-seize compounds are specially formulated greases that prevent galling, seizing, corrosion, heat freezing, cold welding and the stripping of fittings and bolts. At Molyslip, we manufacture a range of anti-seize grease compounds to suit specific applications, but we can appreciate that choosing the right compound for the job can be daunting. For this reason we sat down with our technical manager to help you choose the right anti-seize for your application.
Before considering products, you will need to consider your application.
- What kind of environment and temperature will the anti-seize be subjected to?
- What materials are your fasteners made of? Steel, Aluminium, Copper, etc..
- Is there a risk of electrolytic corrosion/galvanic corrosion?
Once you have identified the performance objectives of your application, the below list of products will help you to easily choose the product for you. Still not sure? Contact us, and we would be happy to help you.
Our top selling anti-seize, COPASLIP™ is a copper based anti-seize compound.
- Highly versatile, and suitable for use in most applications
- High-temperature capability up to +1100°C (+2000°F)
- Ensures constant friction between threads
- Highly water resistant
- Superior corrosion protection
- Do not use on rubber components and when copper may interfere with electrical components
Our aluminium based anti-seize compound, ALUMSLIP, is ideal for applications where copper needs to be avoided.
- Silver in colour
- Optimal for applications where dissimilar metal/galvanic corrosion is a possibility
- Ideally suited for use between mixed materials, i.e., between aluminium and steel
- For application where copper is not desirable
Our extreme temperature anti-seize compound, FERROSLIP is formulated for high strength fasteners and super alloys.
- High temperature capability up to +1400°C (+2500°F)
- Best option for finer threaded fasteners due to the small particle size of the compound
- Suited for use on high strength super alloys, for example nickel based alloys
- Non-toxic nickel free alternative
Metal-free anti-seize CERAMSLIP, has our highest and lowest temperature capability.
- Highest temperature capability up to +1500°C (+2700°F)
- Metal free eliminating the risk of galvanic corrosion
- Excellent low temperature capability -100°C
Our graphited anti-seize, GRAPHSLIP, is a metal-free anti-seize optimal for use on softer substrate materials.
- No risk of galvanic corrosion
- Ideal for use on softer materials for example copper and aluminium
Our NSF registered FOODSLIP anti-seize is a food grade compound which is approved for use where there is a possibility of food contact.
- NSF registered for incidental food contact (registration number 161581)
- Can also be used as a white assembly paste
- Resistant to water washout