Mulit-Purpose Mineral Soluble Oil
Molyslip MOLYFORGE X45 is a specially formulated dispersion of high purity solid lubricants and anti-wear additives in refined mineral oil thickened with lithium soap.
Molyslip MOLYFORGE X45 is a low co-efficient of friction compound providing lubrication and a thermal barrier between tool and workpiece in hot extrusion and press forging of stainless steel and nickel alloy materials. The product is designed for use at elevated temperature and aids metal flow allowing production of complex geometry components whilst reducing tool/die wear and provides effective billet release and reduced pick-up on plungers in hot extrusion processes .
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High temperature resistant low friction compound coating
- Effective high temperature tool/die to component interface lubrication
- Aids metal flow
- Prevents tooling-to-component seizure
- Extends tool/die life
- Reduces pick-up and galling
- Easily applied by brush/swab
- Extended application intervals
TECHNICAL DATA (TYPICAL VALUES)
|Appearance||–||Smooth grey/black compound|
|Solid Lubricant(s)||–||MoS2 / Graphite|
|Coefficient of friction (steel on steel, steady state||–||0.08|